Why not pick *nice* places for the Usenix conventions?

Brad Templeton brad at looking.on.ca
Fri Jun 28 14:14:18 AEST 1991

In article <3O5C=8C at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:

>Not to condone this sort of behaviour, but mundanes will be mundanes...

The most amazing thing about this Usenix was that we were the ones in
ordinary clothes, by and large, if a bit more casual than the ordinary
conference going world, while the hotel was full of people who have never
roped a steer in their lives in cowboy costumes.

In other words, we were the mundanes at that hotel, Fanfare people were the
"fen."   Strange feeling.