Whitesmith C problem

Matt Noah mn at dscvax2.UUCP
Sat Dec 8 08:41:17 AEST 1984

A recently had a bug in my program relating to a function call.  The function
returned nothing (intentionally) which resulted in some garbling of data.  When
I changed the source line in the calling program to assign a the returning
value to a variable, the problem cleared up.  I am baffled.  Is this the way
this compiler was meant to operate?  Have others had similar experiences?  By
the way, the data that was garbled had absolutely no relation to the function
call!  It was neither passed to the function or returned.  Post comments to
the net, please.

				Matt Noah
				Digital Sound Corp.
				Santa Barbara, CA