Eunice on the net ?

Lew Mullen lew at t4test.UUCP
Wed Feb 29 15:25:08 AEST 1984

1) As a new Eunice site on the net, I would like to get a list
   of what other Eunice sites are out there.

   We are running Eunice 3.2, a sort-of Beta site, I think.

2) I understand RCS has already been done under Eunice.
   Anyone know who did it, and where to get it ?

3) We have bnews 2.10 running, with batched transmission from
   our link site, but now have 2 releated problems:

   a) uuxqt sometimes starts up a "mail" subprocess which
      eats lots and lots of CPU time until "system" kills it.

   b) uucico tends to delete the /usr/lib/uucp/xqtdir directory,
      and immediately fails. (even when the directory has
      vms "delete" protection off).

   c) With UUCP running with a "uucp" login (i.e. it does not
      run as "system"), strange things happen.  Most of them
      went away when I did a /etc/chown uucp /usr/lib/uucp/*,
      but the symptom usually is an entry like this in
      /usr/spool/uucp/LOGFILE:

      uucp intelca (2/22-2:18-10289221) OK (startup)
      uucp intelca (2/22-2:18-10289221) BAD READ (expected ')
      uucp intelca (2/22-2:18-10289221) FAILED (conversation complete)

      I also get /usr/spool/uucp/AUDIT with this message:
      AERROR - (ret != -1) PKGETPKT CAN't READ -1got FAIL
      (see approximate context, below)

       send 37777777772
       sent data 758 bytes 8 secs
       rmesg - 'C' rec h->cntl 45
       state - 10
       rec h->cntl 46
       state - 10
       rec h->cntl 47
       state - 10
       rec h->cntl 37777777637
       alarm 5
       AERROR - (ret != -1) PKGETPKT CAN't READ -1got FAIL
       send 10
       send 10
       r short 2 want 3
       rcount = 0
       xcount = 0
       send OO -1,imsg >-<
       OOOOOO-
       Ifn - 0, ret ioctl - 0
       tty.flags 330,tty.ispeed 9, tty.ospeed 9, ret ioctl - 0