Unipress' Emacs recommendation

Hans Albertsson hans at log-hb.UUCP
Mon Mar 26 23:32:11 AEST 1984

[]

	There IS an alternative for those wanting

		EMACS under VMS!!!

	It's called AMIS ( for Anti MISery ), was
	written by hackers, grown tired of DEC standard
	editing facilities, in and around the
	university computing facilities in Stockholm,
	and is available for TOPS10, PRIMOS, VMS and
	at least one 68000 machine.
	Work is under way to put it on UNIX.
	It's written in PASCAL, and quite cheap.
	The VMS version has been around for 5 years now,
	and is as bugfree as anything I've seen.
	It's continually developing.
	The main drawback is the extension language,
	of which there is none... yet. But several
	ideas are being tried, including a Pascal-based
	extension mechanism.
	It closely follows the original EMACS, all debate
	invariably ended with:

	That's How Emacs Does It!

	You can write to me for info at:
	Hans Albertsson
	TeleLOGIC AB,
	Box 1001
	S-149 01 Nynashamn...

	and I'll forward to the rightful owners.