TWG TCP/IP on a VMS VAX w DECNET, on DEUNAs. Functionality?

Hans Albertsson hans at log-hb.UUCP
Sat Sep 22 13:16:54 AEST 1984

[]
I'm trying to convince management here to let me put my
VAXen on ethernet. There's one fixed VMS, one fixed 4.2, and
one running either depending on our momentary needs.
I have some misgivings, namely:

They're all 750-s w RA81/RA60 on UDA50, but with a single UNIBUS
adapter.  When I add DEUNAs, will they overload? How nessecary will
it be to get the second unibus option installed?

Can TCP/IP coexist with DECNET, on a single DEUNA, or do I have to
put two DEUNAs on the VMS machine that is to be the gateway?

I expect to use the network mainly for automated work, such as
software updating, and disk space redistribution. The amount of
remote logins will stay low, since there will be a terminal switch
as well.

Comments, anyone?
P.S. I recently saw a note on the QZ/COM ( which has ARPANET connections )
from Joe Sventek at LBL, and Joe said something about some software by
Lou Salkind at NYU. If one of those two would care to publicise some
coments on this, I'm sure we'd all listen carefully.
--
			{decvax,philabs}!mcvax!enea!log-hb!hans
			Hans Albertsson,