TWG TCP/IP on a VMS VAX w DECNET, on DEUNAs. Functionality?

Lee Moore lee at rochester.UUCP
Sun Sep 23 05:15:42 AEST 1984

> They're all 750-s w RA81/RA60 on UDA50, but with a single UNIBUS
> adapter.  When I add DEUNAs, will they overload? How nessecary will
> it be to get the second unibus option installed?

Both the UDA50 and the Deuna boards are big pigs for amps on your
Unibus.  A typical /750 has about 25 amps of +5 power to offer.
Just the Denua and the UDA50 will exceed this.  This doesn't
mean that you have to buy a second UBA.  You can buy an
expansion cabinet with an extra power supply for another 25 amps
(at least).

> Can TCP/IP coexist with DECNET, on a single DEUNA, or do I have to
> put two DEUNAs on the VMS machine that is to be the gateway?

The TWG TCP/IP has an optional module that allows DECNET and
TCP/IP to share the same DEUNA.

> P.S. I recently saw a note on the QZ/COM ( which has ARPANET connections )
> from Joe Sventek at LBL, and Joe said something about some software by
> Lou Salkind at NYU. If one of those two would care to publicise some
> coments on this, I'm sure we'd all listen carefully.

Lou Salkind at NYU did a Deuna driver for 4.2BSD.

--
  = lee at rochester
	rochester!lee =