TWG TCP/IP on a VMS VAX w DECNET, on DEUNAs. Functionality?

Jeff Mogul mogul at CSL-Vax.ARPA
Wed Sep 26 10:50:06 AEST 1984

We have a number of VAX-11/750s with one Unibus (UBI), one UDA50,
and one DEUNA, plus 3 other Unibus interfaces (RL02, DZ11, and a 3Mbit
Xerox experimental ethernet).  We have not seen any problems that
could be attributed to lack of +5 volt power (although getting boards
in and out of the backplane is a real pain.)  We also don't
see any signs of the Unibus being overwhelmed by the combined transfer
rates; the CPU runs out first.

Of course, we run Unix, and that might draw less power than VMS. :-)

-Jeff