#pragma

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Tue Jan 17 06:44:55 AEST 1989

In article <8770 at bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> scs at adam.pika.mit.edu (Steve Summit) writes:
>... I plan
>to make fairly extensive use of #pragmas in any future C tools I
>might write, and I'd like to do so in a consistent and compatible
>way...

This statement is self-contradictory; #pragmas are implementation-dependent
by definition, and any use you make of them will be inconsistent and
incompatible with many other implementations.  This is not to say you
shouldn't use them, but that you should think hard about the tradeoffs.
--
"God willing, we will return." |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
-Eugene Cernan, the Moon, 1972 | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu