__STDC__

Ron Guilmette rfg at pink.ACA.MCC.COM
Mon Jul 3 07:02:47 AEST 1989

In article <12378 at bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> scs at adam.pika.mit.edu (Steve Summit) writes:
>I don't want to open the whole __STDC__ can of worms again, but I
>have two questions:
>
>1. Is there anything to the argument that nobody should be
>   setting __STDC__ to 1 yet, since the standard isn't approved,
>   and that everyone should, at this point, be setting it to 0 to
>   indicate as much conformance to the draft as they can manage...

Are preprocessors supposed to implement floating-point comparisons?
Maye be should have:

	#define __STDC__	0.8

	#if (__STDC__ >= 0.9)

	#endif

Just kidding folks. :-)

--
// Ron Guilmette  -  MCC  -  Experimental Systems Kit Project
// 3500 West Balcones Center Drive,  Austin, TX  78759  -  (512)338-3740
// ARPA: rfg at mcc.com
// UUCP: {rutgers,uunet,gatech,ames,pyramid}!cs.utexas.edu!pp!rfg