Looking for source for obtaining latest draft standard

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Fri Feb 23 09:53:14 AEST 1990

>In article <MCDANIEL.90Feb20134153 at orenda.amara.uucp> mcdaniel at amara.uucp (Tim McDaniel) writes:
>>I'm sure the final draft is very close to the approved standard, but
>>are they identical?

Well, it seems I spoke too soon.  Today I received a list of technical
editorial changes that were made between the time that the majority of
X3J11 last saw the proposed Standard and the time that it reached ANSI.
(Some of these seemed aimed mainly at addressing ISO balloting comments.)
There were also stylistic editorial changes to accommodate ANSI, but
these were expected all along.

A couple of the issues mentioned here before were addressed by the
changes, most of which were reasonable but a couple of which I would
take issue with as not being editorial and in fact changing from a
desirable specification to an undesirable one.  However, we can fight
about this at the March X3J11 meeting..