ANSI C grammar

Shankar Unni shankar at hpclscu.HP.COM
Thu Jun 14 12:50:06 AEST 1990

> I would like to add a request to the base note.  I've seen a number of
> requests for a grammar for ANSI-C.  I too would like to see one that is
> up-to-date with the approved standard (I have seen several that are based
> on the draft a couple of years ago).  However, just about all previous

I am posting such a grammar (and a lexer, and some code to support typedefs
correctly), to comp.sources.misc.

I got this code originally from Vick Khera (@ CMU), and have myself added
the code for typedef-handling, et. al... (and made a teeny couple of
changes to get it up the Dec 88 draft, which became the "real thing").
-----
Shankar Unni                                   E-Mail:
Hewlett-Packard California Language Lab.     Internet: shankar at hpda.hp.com
Phone : (408) 447-5797                           UUCP: ...!hplabs!hpda!shankar