ANSI C grammar

Mark Hjelm hjelm at g.gp.cs.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 5 01:50:51 AEST 1990

Now that there is a real standard, are there any significant changes
to the grammars in K&R II or Harbison/Steele II (or to the language
specification in general, for that matter)?  Assuming I translate them
directly into a YACC source file, is there any reason to choose one
over the other?  I don't have a copy of the standard yet.  I assume it
has a grammar specification.  Is it similar to (the same as) one of
these two?  Lastly, has anyone produced an up-to-date YACC grammar
(and LEX scanner) already?  If so, please post it or send e-mail.  I
have one that was posted several years ago that I will modify, if
there isn't anything more recent.

Thanks,
Mark Hjelm

hjelm at cs.cmu.edu