ANSI, K&R, H&S (was: Re: Just a minor new twist on free())

Rick Schubert rns at se-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM
Wed Nov 7 08:00:19 AEST 1990

In <222 at smds.UUCP> sw at smds.UUCP (Stephen E. Witham) writes:

>                                                           That's why I'm
>surprised by Paul Smith's comment:
>> In addition, I don't think
>> I've seen a C program in the last 8 years which does not use any
>> language features except those found in K&R I!

>What kind of insulated environments do these people work in, anyway?

Paul already responded to this, but I don't think he caught the fact
that Stephen was confused by the triple negative:

>> I DON'T think I've seen a C program in the last 8 years which DOES NOT
>> use any language features EXCEPT those found in K&R I!

What he is saying (and I think this is what he meant, too) is that each
of the C programs he has seen in the last 8 years has used some feature
not found in K&R I.

-- Rick Schubert (rns at se-sd.sandiego.NCR.COM)