ANSI, K&R, H&S (was: Re: Just a minor new twist on free())

Paul D. Smith pds at lemming.webo.dg.com
Sat Nov 10 09:23:26 AEST 1990

[] >> I DON'T think I've seen a C program in the last 8 years which
[] >> DOES NOT use any language features EXCEPT those found in K&R I!

[] What he is saying (and I think this is what he meant, too) is that
[] each of the C programs he has seen in the last 8 years has used
[] some feature not found in K&R I.

Yes, this is what I meant; my junior-year English teacher would have a
fit! :-(

However, I think Stephen _did_ understand me; at least my response was
based on the fact that he was implying that `our' programming
environments (whoever "we" are: DG programmers?  CMU graduates?
People named Paul?  Anyone named Smith?  Left handed people? :-) were
sufficiently insulated that we don't need to guard against any crafty,
non-K&R I features creeping into our code.
--

                                                                paul
-----