prototypes required ?

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Tue Oct 23 09:10:28 AEST 1990

In article <27098 at mimsy.umd.edu> chris at mimsy.umd.edu (Chris Torek) writes:
>I still find it hard to believe that someone would not test something
>as basic as vprintf (or at least vfprintf---in my implementation, all
>the printf routines eventually call vfprintf).  This is sort of like
>sending a car to the dealer and forgetting to put in an engine.  Surely
>*someone* would notice before selling the thing?

Considering the number of things in (to pick purely random examples :-))
SVR4 and SunOS 4.1 that clearly were never tested, I fear Chris is being
naive.  Would that it were not so.
--
The type syntax for C is essentially   | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
unparsable.             --Rob Pike     |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry