Ansi C reference guide

Mark Alexander alexande at dri.com
Thu Sep 6 04:29:57 AEST 1990

In article <13697 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <12836 at netcom.UUCP> jim at netcom.UUCP (Jim Nelson) writes:
>>Does anyone know of good books, jounals or other publications
>>that describe the Ansi C standard in detail?
>
>The best one I have seen is "Standard C" by P.J. Plauger and Jim Brodie
>(1989, Microsoft Press, ISBN 1-55615-158-6)...

I second that.  So far I've found only two mistakes in the book:

*  The last paragraph of the setlocale() description has the arguments
   scrambled in the code fragment. (p. 132)
*  The gets() description says that the NL character is stored,
   when in fact it is read and DISCARDED. (p. 151)

Occasionally the book is a bit terse, so it's nice to have the actual
ANSI C standard around as a backup.
--
Mark Alexander	(uunet!drivax!alexande or alexande at dri.com)