wchar_t values

Erik Naggum enag at ifi.uio.no
Fri Apr 12 12:22:58 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr8.011657.1780 at tkou02.enet.dec.com> diamond at jit345.swstokyo.dec.com (Norman Diamond) writes:

   (Some of these people originally misinterpreted the purpose of
   trigraphs, but have figured out their error.  Some of their
   opponents, who believe that the C language should differ from
   country to country, misinterpreted the purpose of the Danish
   proposal and have yet to understand their error.)

You mean, instead of [, \, ], {, |, and } looking funny in Denmark on
old terminals, all the C code in the world is going to lack the
visually appealing brackets and braces?  Very clever.

Please note my country of origin: This is Norway, in Europe.  I'm a
programmer, and I'm OK, no, that wasn't what I intended to say.  I'm a
programmer, and I think my nation's characters in C code is about the
grossest thing that ever happened.  I'm sure Keld is feeling the same
way.  However, the difference in approach between Keld and yours truly
is tremendous:

	Keld favors changing the world to accomodate his old terminal.

	I favor changing my terminal to accomodate ISO 8859-1 (Latin 1).

(Then I'm working to get ISO Latin 1 allowed all over the place,
instead, but at least I can allow myself to think it's a step
forward.)

I maintain that the whole problem is one of (bad) display equipment.

--
[Erik Naggum]					     <enag at ifi.uio.no>
Naggum Software, Oslo, Norway			   <erik at naggum.uu.no>