wchar_t values

harkcom at spinach.pa.yokogawa.co.jp harkcom at spinach.pa.yokogawa.co.jp
Fri Apr 12 09:54:47 AEST 1991

In article <MLEISHER.91Apr11060555 at thrinakia.nmsu.edu> mleisher at nmsu.edu
   (Mark Leisher) writes:

 =}While we're on the subject of wchar_t, has anyone experimented with
 =}implementing a libc sort of setup for wchar_t I/O?  Any suggestions on
 =}approaches?

   SVR4 contains routines for I/O using wchar_t in both 16 bit and 32 bit
sizes. Details can be found in the "Multi-National Language Supplement".

 =}Also supported are string functions specifically for
 =}the wchar_t type.  I wrote the library because I cannot for the life
 =}of me get the LC_CTYPE stuff on our Suns to cooperate for mbcs tables

   The wstrings.c file in kinput also contains routines for handling
wide characters. But it has a lot of error checking stuff than can be
chucked...

   The problem with using such libraries is that they can only be used
when the encoding of the input matches the one the library uses. The
object of using locales is to remove such dependencies...

Al