wchar_t values

Mark Leisher mleisher at nmsu.edu
Thu Apr 11 22:05:55 AEST 1991

While we're on the subject of wchar_t, has anyone experimented with
implementing a libc sort of setup for wchar_t I/O?  Any suggestions on
approaches?

Also while we're at it, I've written a library that supports ctype
like operations on the Big5 (Chinese:Taiwan/Hong Kong), GB 2312-1980,
JIS X0208-1983, and KS C5601-1987 codesets.  It's messy, but it seems
to work fine.  Also supported are string functions specifically for
the wchar_t type.  I wrote the library because I cannot for the life
of me get the LC_CTYPE stuff on our Suns to cooperate for mbcs tables
:-)

Over and above the standard ctype sorts of things, I've added a number
of other personally useful macros and functions.  Please feel free to
do whatever you want to the library (site:file [IP] below).

crl.nmsu.edu:pub/misc/wcslib.tar.Z  [128.123.1.14]

Almost forgot, I don't really have any documentation except for
code level comments (quite a few) and a README file.

mleisher at nmsu.edu                      "I laughed.
Mark Leisher                                I cried.
Computing Research Lab                          I fell down.
New Mexico State University                        It changed my life."
Las Cruces, NM                     - Rich [Cowboy Feng's Space Bar and Grille]