Want the word on __STDC__

Stephen Clamage steve at taumet.com
Sat Feb 23 03:58:30 AEST 1991

dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com (Rahul Dhesi) writes:

>In <1991Feb20.175702.28682 at zoo.toronto.edu> henry at zoo.toronto.edu
>(Henry Spencer) writes:

>     ...since many C compilers do not *have* a separate preprocessor.

>I may have to eat my words, but after extensive searching, I haven't
>yet found any commercially available C compiler that wasn't accompanied
>by a separately invokable preprocessor.

Oregon C/C++ (from Oregon Software) is a single program which includes
integral preprocessing.  That is, input is preprocessed on the fly, and
there is no separate preprocessor output required.  There is no separate
preprocessor program.  However, you may ask for preprocessor output as
an option, so this may qualify as a "separately invokable preprocessor".

Steve Clamage, TauMetric Corp, steve at taumet.com