Opinions on prospective standards sought

Donald Lewine lewine at cheshirecat.webo.dg.com
Thu Apr 25 23:20:22 AEST 1991

Submitted-by: lewine at cheshirecat.webo.dg.com (Donald Lewine)

|> 	Was the decision of the SEC wrong?

Well, the SEC took away my chance to vote NO!

Given that no POSIX standard has made it through the ballot
process without major changes, the thought of forcing OSF and
AT&T to fix some of the larger crocks, has some merit.  Also,
the thought of both draft standards going down to flaming defeat
and generating a published list of objections seems nice.

Seriously, I think the SEC made the only decision possible.  I
don't know why it took 6 hours.

Donald A. Lewine                (508) 870-9008 Voice
Data General Corporation        (508) 366-0750 FAX
4400 Computer Drive. MS D112A
Westboro, MA 01580  U.S.A.

uucp: uunet!dg!lewine   Internet: lewine at cheshirecat.webo.dg.com