Hard Drive problems

sardella at tdw254.ed.ray.com sardella at tdw254.ed.ray.com
Tue Jan 29 01:39:21 AEST 1991

I been having some problems with my unix-pc.  First the smgr would die after
running for a little while and the phone manager would not run properly.
I reformatted the hard and ran that check that takes about 20 minutes.  In
the check that took 20 minutes it gave some bad block(5) and supposely fix them.
I installed the founddation set (3.5) , unix utilities, phone manager and other
systems software.  Then after a while I use a command like ls and
system would come back with illegal instruction and other weird message.  I sync
the disk and ls would work again.
   I guest the question is, Is my hard drive trashed and is there any way to get
around this?  Before I buy a new hard drive I want to make sure this is the
problem.  I going going to reformat my hard drive and try installing software
again but I don't think that will solve the problem.

--
Norman "STORMIN" Sardella
Work: sardella at sud509.ed.ray.com
Leisure: sardella at world.std.com