WE882A*5 (????)

Christopher A. Cox cac at iear.arts.rpi.edu
Thu Jun 13 05:32:11 AEST 1991

	I have acquired this 3b1 and opened it up (I tear everything I
get a part to see what's in it) and I see a chip labelled as stated in
the subject line:  WE 882A*5.  It's just below the modem part of the
board and has 40 pins, all of which are gold plated.  Is this the math
coprocessor I hear mumblings about?  Perhaps from Weitek...I dunno how
Weitek labels their stuff, but given the thing has the gold plating I
think it's more than just a simple controller chip of some kind.  Info
appreciated...

							Thanks,
							Chris

--
---------- If you cut here you'd probably ruin your monitor -------------
Christopher A. Cox			               I think, therefore