nethack3p10 on unixpc/3b1/7300

Jim Mercer merce at iguana.uucp
Fri Jun 28 15:06:11 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun27.002615.10481 at cfctech.cfc.com> kevin at cfctech.cfc.com (Kevin Darcy) writes:
>In article <1991Jun26.160140.21483 at colorado.edu> wouk at alumni.colorado.edu (Arthur Wouk) writes:
>
>[re: Jim Mercer's attempt to compile NetHack PL10 using gcc]
>
>>if you do get it to run, please make it available at osu.

i'll try, but right now i'm just killing time as my wife's labor pains are
only 8 minutes apart.  8^)

>Why not just put a version up which was compiled with the stock cc (if OSU
>doesn't already have one, that is)? Or would a partially-gcc-compiled binary
>be intrinsically better???
>
>Just curious.

i thought gcc would produce smaller and faster code.

as i recall, the gcc binary was ~850K unstripped.

the binary for the one built from stock is:

-rwsr-xr-x  1 games   games    708895 Jun 28 00:07 nethack

oh well.

i'll try and put it on osu sometime over the weekend.

unless someone beats me to it.

--
[ Jim Mercer   work: jim at lsuc.on.ca  home: merce at iguana.uucp  +1 519 570-3467 ]
[   "If you've got the technology, you can party."  Labatt's beer commercial  ]