Plan 9 (was Re: FYI: "FSF work on a GNU OS" posted to comp.ar)

jeffrey templon templon at copper.ucs.indiana.edu
Sun May 19 01:51:16 AEST 1991

In article <117 at fbits.ttank.com> Mariusz at fbits.ttank.com (Mariusz Stanczak)
writes:

>> I remember hearing Rob Pike at Usenix picking on billing Mach as a
>> microkernel, and telling how much of Plan 9 you could get for the same
>> number of lines of source.  It included the entire OS, the compiler
>[a list causing extensive salivation deleted]

Speaking of which, what is PLAN 9 (other than the original Unix guys'
next unix.)  Where can I get more info about it?  Why does noone
on this group talk about getting a Plan 9 port to the 3b1 instead
of a Mach port or minix port or whatever.

Would like any info about Plan 9.  Also, what machines are now running
it and who sells them.

					Jeff