unix-pc rmgroup due next week

David Sandberg dts at quad.sialis.com
Fri May 17 02:37:15 AEST 1991

In article <1991May16.053820.26650 at chance.UUCP> john at chance.UUCP (John R. MacMillan) writes:
>                              Usenet is essentially an anarchy, and
>if Bruce doesn't want to honour the rmgroup, well, so what?  That's
>his prerogative as a sysadmin, and it doesn't ``throw a spanner in the
>works'', unless a lot of people feel like he does, in which case the
>group might as well be kept around for those people.

If some people plan to keep the unix-pc groups around, I think it
is very important to make certain that no one is aliasing them to
comp.sys.3b1 any longer.  Otherwise all the IBM-PC specific stuff
we tried to avoid by dropping 'unix-pc' from the name will just
keep following us ad infinum.  I'm still seeing those kinds of
articles here in comp.sys.3b1 every so often, presumably because
of such aliasing.  Ugh.

--
 \*=-      David Sandberg, dts at quad.sialis.com    ,=,       ,=,        -=*\
  \*=-   "like words whispered by waking ghosts   | |uadric `=,ystems   -=*\