unix-pc rmgroup due next week

Bruce D. Becker bdb at becker.UUCP
Wed May 15 02:09:35 AEST 1991

In article <53168 at rphroy.UUCP> tkacik at hobbes.cs.gmr.com (Tom Tkacik CS/50) writes:
|In article <100166 at becker.UUCP>, bdb at becker.UUCP (Bruce D. Becker) writes:
||> |

||> 	I've decided not to rmgroup these, in
||> 	case there's still folks who for some
||> 	reason wish to use them, for whatever
||> 	reasons they might have...
|
|I think that is mistake.  The only reason for using them is to talk about
|the unix-pc.  Since that is now done with comp.*.3b1, there is no reason to
|keep the groups.  The only use they will get is the occasional pc unix
|question.  They probably will not get their questions answered, as there will
|be few people reading those groups.  There are already groups for that,
|and keeping the unix-pc groups will only confuse those new readers.

	Nevertheless, I've decided that I don't
	have the right to interfere with any of
	those uses, as inefficient as it may be
	viewed by anyone not using them...

--
  ,u,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario
a /i/	 Internet: bdb at becker.UUCP, bruce at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
 `\o\-e	 UUCP: ...!utai!mnetor!becker!bdb
 _< /_	 "It's the death of the net as we know it (and I feel fine)" - R.A.M.