MS C 4.0 CodeView problem on 6300

T Anderson tla at kaiser.UUCP
Mon Dec 1 04:56:11 AEST 1986

I have recently acquired a copy of MS C 4.0 for my 6300 but have
encountered a problem using the debugger CodeView with my mouse.  I
am using a Mouse Systems PC Mouse with the MS Mouse driver that makes
it compatible with the MS Mouse.  This setup works with most other
software I have tried including MS Windows.  If I invoke the cv with
	cv /w filename.c
The mouse works but the cursor is invisible, ie, if I click left I
set a breakpoint I just don't know what line it will be on till I do
it, and if I go up enough I can get the menus, ...  If I invoke cv as
	cv /w/s filename.c
to request swapped screens rather than flipped, I get the cursor and
everything works fine until I swap screens to see program output and
return, THEN the cursor has turned invisible again and I have never
gotten it back without exiting and rerunning cv.  A possibly related
problem is that on exiting cv my DOS cursor has disappeared and must
be restored with mode or ...

What's going on?  Why do I need to use swap?  Why does the cursor
go away?  Is there a solution?  I like the debugger but this problem
makes my mouse nearly useless.

			     --	Terry L Anderson
				AT&T Bell Laboratories -- Liberty Corners
				UUCP:     ...!ihnp4!daimler!kaiser!tla
				TeleMail: Terry.Anderson
				(201) 580-4428