Mouse for the PC 6300

Bill Mayhew wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Tue Dec 2 16:14:16 AEST 1986

The mouse that the pople from our local friendly AT&T office
brought us out the Microsoft Buss version Mouse to use, and it
seems to work well with MS-Word 3.0, GEM and a few other programs.
I tried a MS serial mouse on the 6300, and it seemed a bit buggy,
but I think it was due to the fact that it was a very early model
serial mouse, rather than the 6300 goofing up.

I like optical mice a little better than the MS since the wheel on
the MS mice seems to get frequently gummed up.  The Summa mouse is
pretty good, but I haven't used it on a 6300, but it should work.
The only thing wrong with the Summa is that the optical mat is a
flexible peice of plastic that could get damaged.  The picture of
the Mouse Systems mouse looks like it comes with a rigid sheet like
Plexiglas (r).

I've seen the mouse that plugs into the back of the keyboard (a-al
Olivetti) on a Xerox version.  It worked well, except for the fact
that the "mat" is a piece of paper which gets dog-eared.

Bill Mayhew  --  N. E. Ohio Univ. College of Med
(wtm at neoucom.UUCP)