Need help with the 3B1's shared library

rjk at mrstve.UUCP rjk at mrstve.UUCP
Sat Dec 13 07:22:21 AEST 1986

I would like to use the shared library with some software I'm developing on
the 3B1.  I've pretty much figured out how to use the shared library for
`generic' code, but the database manager I'm using (Conetic's CBase) defines
some functions which also appear in the shared library -- form(), for
example.  I finally got one of my programs to load by making a private copy
of shlib.ifile, deleting the offending function addresses (I didn't use them
anyhow), and using it when linking.  The program SEEMS to run alright (ie,
it doesn't show any obvious bugs, the screen control works ok), but due to
the lack of documentation concerning the shared library,I hesitate to
distribute my programs like this.  (I also had to zap the definition for
ospeed).  Can anyone tell me how safe it is to do something like this?
Preferably someone who's done it before?

I like the space savings:  my executables average about 40K smaller with
the shared library.

Many thanks in advance...
--
Rich Kuhns		{ihnp4, decvax, etc...}!pur-ee!pur-phy!mrstve!rjk