6300 speed under Norton SI

mobo at sphinx.UUCP mobo at sphinx.UUCP
Mon Dec 15 06:19:57 AEST 1986

My 6300 (minus) seems to have slowed down recently.  Norton
utilities sysinfo program (SI) returns a figure of 1.7 times
the speed of an IBM pc, but I would swear that it was faster
before.

I have 128K in bank 0, and 512 in 120nsec 256K chips in bank
one.  A seagate ST225 with an everex controller is installed,
but it makes no difference in speed if I pull the controller
card.  Still running DOS 2.11 (I know, I know).

Is this as fast as it gets?

Samuel Wilson         ..ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!mobo
                            FOTMOBO at UCHMVS1.Bitnet
University of Chicago, Division of Social Sciences