Help find printer for 7300

tg at gt-cmmsr.UUCP tg at gt-cmmsr.UUCP
Sun Feb 1 06:47:52 AEST 1987

I am looking for an inexpensive daisy wheel printer for my
unixpc. I already have an Epson FX100. I would like to use
the new printer for correspondence. Since I plan to buy a
laser printer during 1987-88, I don't want to spend a lot
of money now. (I can't afford to spend a lot for two good
printers, espcially when my unixpc is really part of a
donation by AT&T to Georgia Tech. Thanks very much AT&T! :-) )

At school I can use a spinwriter, but I would like to have
a letter quality printer for very low volume personal
correspondence. I would prefer a typewriter (such as a
Brother or Smith-Corona) with a built-in interface. But
I am not aware of any such animal. I guess I could buy
a Brother HR-20 (or something similar). Is there something
for less than $300? Any thoughts on the "cheap" Epsons?

Any help will be greatly appreciated? (Even though I don't
need super/subscipt capability, I wouldn't mind doing simple
hacks so that I could occasionally print class notes etc.
in a hurry.) Please mail me any ideas for cheap printers,
preferably around $300. I will post a summary if there is
enough interest. Thank you!

govind
tg at gt-cmmsr.uucp or tg%geniac at gt-cmmsr.uucp (geniac is my unixpc.)

--
T. Govindaraj

UUCP:	tg at gt-cmmsr.UUCP
        ...!{akgua,allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ulysses}!gatech!gt-cmmsr!tg
INTERNET:	tg at cmmsr.gatech.edu