FANSI and weird video modes

psfales at ihlpl.UUCP psfales at ihlpl.UUCP
Wed Feb 11 14:25:05 AEST 1987

 > Fansi console also ignores turning on/off the NUM-LOCK and CAP-LOCK
 > indicators on the keyboard.  A minor nuisance, which is indeed
 > acknowledged in the FANSI manual.  The FANSI manual gives suggested
 > option settings for the AT&T, but I think that only pertains to "ok
 > to write to vid memory in horizontal retrace time, and also do 16
 > bit writes to vid memroy".  I'd give you the settings, but my
 > manual is at work.  Unfortunately, I don't yet think there's any
 > way to provide support for the 640 * 400 graphics (that is
 > convenient!).

Apparently you are using an older version of Fansi console.  I am running
version 2.00 and am very pleased with the results.  The keyboard LEDs on
my 6300 work fine as does the 640x400 graphics.

I can't point to a specific source for the program except Hersey
Micro Consulting, but if anyone is seriously using Fansi, they should
consider paying for it.  Registration provides a thick manual in an IBM
style slipcase, technical support, and the latest version of the software.

Hersey Micro Consulting, Inc.
PO Box 8276
Ann Arbor, Michigan  48107
(313)994-3259

Disclaimer:  I have no connection with Hersey Micro Consulting other than
as a satisfied customer.

--
Peter Fales		UUCP:	...ihnp4!ihlpl!psfales
			work:	(312) 979-7784