floppy size on the 3B1?

sbw at naucse.UUCP sbw at naucse.UUCP
Thu Feb 12 03:25:13 AEST 1987

According to the promotion literature I have on the 3B1, the floppy
disk drive is a 1.5MB (unformatted).  Nothing I've found that's
distributed with the 3B1 says anything about the size, but given
the number of floppies it takes to do a backup.  I'd guess the size
is the same as for an IBM-PC.

Does anyone know more about this?  Can I configure the floppy driver
using 'iv' so that I could get closer to the advertised size, or did
they change the drives between the time the literature came out and
I bought my machine?

Please mail responses directly to me.

	Thanks
	Steve Wampler