FANSI and weird video modes

wtm at neoucom.UUCP wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Tue Feb 10 08:39:47 AEST 1987

Fansi console also ignores turning on/off the NUM-LOCK and CAP-LOCK
indicators on the keyboard.  A minor nuisance, which is indeed
acknowledged in the FANSI manual.  The FANSI manual gives suggested
option settings for the AT&T, but I think that only pertains to "ok
to write to vid memory in horizontal retrace time, and also do 16
bit writes to vid memroy".  I'd give you the settings, but my
manual is at work.  Unfortunately, I don't yet think there's any
way to provide support for the 640 * 400 graphics (that is
convenient!).

You might try using nansis.sys on your '6300.  I've seen it
floating around on some BBSs.  It is better, and it also works with
640 * 400 video.

  --Bill