FANSI and weird video modes

boykin at custom.UUCP boykin at custom.UUCP
Tue Feb 10 07:20:36 AEST 1987

In article <493 at uvm-gen.UUCP>, haviland at uvm-gen.UUCP (Thomas Haviland) writes:
>Does anyone out there have a patch or something for FANSI so that
>it will allow an AT&T6300 to go into its 640x400 mode?  With FANSI
>installed if you try to go into this mode (INT10h with AL=40h)
>it apparently tries to go into the monochrome mode, which totally
>screws up the display (makes it look like a tv with a shot vertical
>hold).  FANSI is so excellent that I can't live without it now,
>but it is a real pain having to disable it and reboot every time
>I want to use the extra-hires mode.
>
>                                Tom Haviland

Firstly, 640x400 color is only available if you have the DEB (Display
Enhancement Board), if you don't, you can't do 640x400 color at all.
Secondly (now for the bad news!) FANSI-CONSOLE does not support this
mode.  From a conversation I had with them they are looking into the
possibility for the future, but there are no immediate plans to do so.

Joseph Boykin
Custom Software Systems
{frog, necntc}!custom!boykin