Using an EGA in an ATT6300

aptr at ur-tut.UUCP aptr at ur-tut.UUCP
Wed Feb 4 01:00:39 AEST 1987

In article <492 at uvm-gen.UUCP> haviland at uvm-gen.UUCP (Thomas Haviland) writes:

>    Is there anyone out there with experience in using a graphics adapter
>    on an AT&T 6300 other than the one that comes with it (such as an EGA
>    card)?

Experience using one, no (matter of $$$), but I have heard of how it is done.
After doing some talking to one of my freinds at a computer store, it came
out that the easiest way to disconnect the AT&T CGS card is to remove it and
replace it with a ribbon cable running from the mother board to the
expansion board.  Power must also be connected to the expansion board because
the power does not come through the cable.  I believe you will find that
this will void your warranty if you do it.

The other solution is a board sold by Xerox.  Xerox is currently selling the
Olivetti made AT&T 6300 under the name Xerox 6064.  Because one of the
configurations of the computer is with a full page monitor and graphics card
designed to be used as a deticated text processor, Xerox developed a board
which is essentually an AT&T graphics board with the graphics drivers
removed.

--
The Wumpus        UUCP:   {seismo,allegra,decvax}!rochester!ur-tut!aptr
                  BITNET: aptrccss at uorvm

Disclaimer: "Who? When? Me? It was the Booze!"  - M. Binkley