6300Plus Memory Expansion

cfj at nonvon.UUCP cfj at nonvon.UUCP
Mon Feb 23 07:11:44 AEST 1987

Help and advice on memory addition for the AT&T 6300OPlus are needed.
I currently have 1 Meg installed on the motherboard and am running
Simul-Task. I'd like to improve the speed of UNIX when a big chunk
of memory is allocated to MS-DOS.

I'm wondering how much improvement additional memory will provide.  Also,
will any memory expansion board do the trick or are special
considerations necessary so that UNIX will recognize it?

Any comments from those who may have ideas or experience with this would
be of real help.

Many thanks...

--

  Charles Judson       ...!ptsfa!gilsys!htwoo!cfj