7300 expansion

J. Brian Waters jbwaters at bsu-cs.UUCP
Fri Apr 22 16:29:14 AEST 1988

I have seen an ad for the 7300 with 512k of ram and a 10 meg hard drive for
$495.  I would like to get a 7300 but would want to upgrade to a larger
drive and more memory,  but the prices this place charges for those items seems
to be much more than they need be.  What I would like to know is how hard is
it to add memory to the 7300?  Also can a cheap st506 drive be made to work
in place of the 10 meg drive?  If so what is required?  The system comes with
 Unix 2.0 and the upgrade to 3.51 is $225, is that worth it?  Can it be had
cheaper?  How about the development kit for $495?  All I really need to make
the machine usable is a C compiler,  is GNU ported to it?  If not does any
place sell the kit for less?   Any and all help appreciated.

--
Brian Waters              <backbone>!---\
                                   ihnp4!{iuvax|pur-ee}!bsu-cs!jbwaters