7300 expansion

Dave Arnold dave at arnold.UUCP
Sat Apr 30 11:43:11 AEST 1988

In article <2697 at bsu-cs.UUCP>, jbwaters at bsu-cs.UUCP (J. Brian Waters) writes:

> I have seen an ad for the 7300 with
> 512k of ram and a 10 meg hard drive for
> $495.

I paid $1500 dollars for the same config. (USED) a year and half ago,
before fire sale prices, and that was a steal.

> What I would like to know is how hard is
> it to add memory to the 7300?

Probably easier than putting toast in a toaster, but a little
expensive.  Look at paying around $300 for a 512k ram upgrade, and
about $800 for a 2meg ram upgrade.  I paid $250 for 512k ram upgrade
(USED).

>  Also can a cheap st506 drive be made to work
> in place of the 10 meg drive?

Yes.

> If so what is required?

If it's a half height, just the drive.  If it's a full height, you need
a external cabinet, and power supply (power supply not absolutley
required.

--
Dave Arnold
dave at arnold.UUCP	{cci632|uunet}!ccicpg!arnold!dave