ATT 7300

Michael Matsumoto matsumot at meridian.ads.com
Tue Apr 19 10:49:50 AEST 1988

I too have received a flyer about highly discounted ATT 7300's.  The
offeror is Digital Data Systems of Marietta, GA.  The flyer has 3
configurations offered, with options.  The "bare bones" system is a
7300, .5 MB RAM, 10 MB HD, internal modem and ATT UNIX 2.0 for what
seems a stunning $495.  Not being a unix-pc'er, I'd like to hear what
others have to say about this; in particular, are memory and disk
upgrades readily available for 7300's?  And what the heck is UNIX 2.0?
Are there GNU ports to this guy?  Thanks in advance for your
non-flammable replies.

                     ----- Mike Matsumoto -----