Yet another search for a decent word processor

eric townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Tue Apr 19 15:07:20 AEST 1988

Once again, a 3b1 owner looks for a real wordprocessor.

Right off the bat, if somebody has a compiled a list of available
processors, reviews, ratings and data for them, go ahead and email it to
me.

Ok.  I want a word processor that does basic stuff really well.  I work
with both Microsoft Word and MacWrite at school and think they're both
just dandy.  I'd like to have 1/10th of either one for the 3b1.  What
I want:

1. WYSIWYG, or really close;

2. Easily defined formats and easily edited text. I love vi, and would
use it, except that it doesn't format text on the fly, and doesn't reformat
that well at all;

3. A customizable spell-checker.  I *still* can't get my version of smart
to let me have custom dictionaries. Am I ignorant, or does this just not
work at all? :-( ;

4. Mouse compatible, uv coors;

5. Reasonable price.  I got suckered into this copy of Smart.  Although
it cost virtually nothing, I still feel like I got ripped off big-time.
(Rule #2342:  Never buy anything from your employer, even if it is
cheap.  Rule #2342a:  Don't even consider buying things they paid a big
$$$ for and decided to sell to you real cheap. :-)

Oh well.  Email me here, and I'll summize to the net.
--
"I wanna hang around at Rice... I wanna meet Ms. Nuclear Physicist...
I like girls with glasses... I like girls with spectacles" -- The Dishes