Changing ulimit on 3b2/600

Malaclypse the Elder dwc at homxc.UUCP
Wed Apr 20 15:14:29 AEST 1988

> In article <348 at icus.UUCP>, lenny at icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
> [How do I raise the ulimit on a 3B2?]
> Do the following as root:
>
> # vi /etc/master.d/kernel		! change tuneable parameters
> # cd /
> # cp unix oldunix			! good idea to save just in case
> # cd /boot
> # mkboot -k KERNEL			! make a new kernel
> # cd /
> # shutdown -g0 -i5 -y			! go to firmware
>
> FIRMWARE MODE

another approach is to wrap a shell around the process that
you want the increased ulimit with a call to "ulimit" to increase
the ulimit.

on my 3b2 for example, i changed /etc/inittab to run what i call
"bigetty".  bigetty is simply a shell that looks like:

ulimit XXXX
/etc/getty $*

this allows the added flexibility/headache of giving different
users different ulimits.

danny chen
homxc!dwc