Changing ulimit on 3b2/600

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Wed Apr 20 12:00:17 AEST 1988

In article <24951 at clyde.ATT.COM> wtr at moss.UUCP (Bill Rankin) writes:
|>In article <1122 at cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU> cgw at cadre.dsl.pittsburgh.edu.UUCP (Gray Watson) writes:
|>
|>>	I'm trying to change the sh's ulimit from 2048 blocks (1 Meg) to
|>>some large value.  Sure I can do it for root but that doesn't help our
|>>big database users.
|>>

|>We have a routine here on our vaxen called ulimit++,
|>which is basically a short C program which checks the
|>current ulimit, and if it is less than a specific value
|>(8 Meg in our case), it creates a user shell calling ulimit()
|>to raise the ulimit in the new shell.

Under UNIX System V release 3.1, ULIMIT is a tunable parameter and
can be set within /etc/master.d/kernel.  You can raise it for every
UNIX process on the system (permenantly!)...

								-Lenny

--
US MAIL  : Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group        IIIII  CCC U   U  SSS
           PO Box 1                                     I   C    U   U S