C compilers for the 3B2

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Sun Apr 24 03:14:51 AEST 1988

In article <176 at magic4.UUCP>, eric at magic4.UUCP (Eric Kozowski) writes:
< In article <546 at vsi.UUCP>, friedl at vsi.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
< > C-FP+
< > =====
< >      This is the highest performance floating point possible on a
< > 3B2.
<
< There is a newer version.  Here is the output from the above on my system,
< a 3B2/400 running SysV 3.1.2:

On the day I posted my original article, I learned that C Programming
Utilities Issue 4.2 is basically a merging of Issue 4.1 and C-FP+.
C-FP+ compiles directly to math coprocessor operations while Issue 4.1
compiles to FP function calls that check yes/no for the coprocessor
and use the emulator if not.  It appears from the "-V" output lines that
4.2 calls a different compiler-proper depending on cc's argv[0].

--
Steve Friedl      V-Systems, Inc.    Gene Spafford for President!
friedl at vsi.com   {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl