Software not on 3b1

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Sun Apr 17 10:11:17 AEST 1988

In article <104 at dms3b1.UUCP> dave at dms3b1.UUCP (Dave Hanna) writes:

|>I recently acquired a 3b1 after 3 years of working with UniSoft
|>implementations and ULTRIX, and I find I miss some of the tools
|>that I had gotten used to.
|>
|>1. ctags - it's ironic that vi supports use of tags, but the
|>system doesn't give you a tool for creating a tags file.
|>
|>2. strings - not terribly critical, and it certainly wouldn't be
|>hard to write, but it is rather convenient.
|>
|>3. calendar - I've become dependent on those reminder messages.
|>
|>Does anyone know if there are public domain versions of any of
|>these (or other missing tools) available, and if so where to get them?

ctags and strings exist in the public domain form form your local
comp.sources.unix sites or comp.sources.misc sites.

As far as calendar, their is a program called REMINDER from THE STORE,
that performs a similar function.  Otherwise the Calendar program that
you can find in your /etc/fixes directory (if not installed already)
has similar functions to remind you.

							-Lenny

--
US MAIL  : Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group        IIIII  CCC U   U  SSS
           PO Box 1                                     I   C    U   U S