Software not on 3b1

Brant Cheikes brant at manta.UUCP
Sun Apr 17 04:01:32 AEST 1988

In article <104 at dms3b1.UUCP> dave at dms3b1.UUCP (Dave Hanna) writes:
>I recently acquired a 3b1 [...] and I find I miss some of the tools
>
>1. ctags

There's a CTAGS provided in the Gnu Emacs distribution (free).  I can
provide a 3b1 Gnu Emacs distribution, or just the CTAGS code.

>2. strings

That's available (PD), I've seen people mention it, and wouldn't mind
getting hold of it myself.

>3. calendar

A couple different kinds of BSD calendar routines are sitting, waiting
for your call, in The Store!.  Before we get another rush of "What's
The Store?" queries, it's essentially a bbs run by AT&T from which a
number of more or less useful UNIXpc software packages are available.
You need to install something called CATALOG on your 3b1 before you
can access The Store... I have CATALOG, as do many others.

Seek and ye shall find.
--
Brant Cheikes
University of Pennsylvania