Spurious interurupt - what is it?

John C. Sucilla jcs at tarkus.UUCP
Sat Apr 2 01:42:21 AEST 1988

In article <102 at cjsa.UUCP> jeff at cjsa.UUCP (C. Jeffery Small) writes:
>In article <7770 at alice.UUCP>, wilber at alice.UUCP writes:
>> What does
>>     Spurious interrupt - level 2
>> in the unix.log file mean?  I've been getting lots of these.
>
>I believe that both the winchester and the parallel printer port can
>generate this message.  Typically though, a couple of these messages get

If you find that it is your printer causing the problem you should be
able to get rid of it by making sure you do a "disable" *before* you
power it down and an "enable" *after* you power it up.
Power cycling my printer without doing this used to crash my 3b1 every
once in a while. It never happens any more and I never get messages like
you described in my log file.
--
John "C" Sucilla
{ihnp4}!tarkus!jcs