More silly 3b1 quesitons. :-)

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Sat Apr 30 00:53:37 AEST 1988

In article <585 at flatline.UUCP> erict at flatline.UUCP (eric townsend) writes:
...More silly questions that I couldn't find a quick and easy answer to:
...1.  Any simple way to make an on/off switch for the monitor?  I get tired
...of using the little wheelie-dealie to postpone terminal phosphor-burn.
...(I'm *not* going to experiment on *my* machine, dammit. :-)

Pop into PREFERENCES - Office, I believe, and you will find a built-in
screen blanker.  Just provide the time interval and the rest is automatic.

...2.  Problem:  the Sys V ver 3.0 manuals, for all intents and purposes, suck.
...Any good suggestion as to a companion set of manuals that give better
...explinations in more detail?  I like the Motorola 5.2 or so manuals...
...the big 8.5x11 monsters.  But those cost ~$150.

Try "UNIX Sys V Bible" From SAMS & Co., or "A User Guide to the UNIX
System" from Osborne/McGraw-Hill.