More silly 3b1 quesitons. :-)

Paul J. Condie pjc at pcbox.UUCP
Sat Apr 30 11:38:26 AEST 1988

In article <585 at flatline.UUCP> erict at flatline.UUCP (eric townsend) writes:

>More silly questions that I couldn't find a quick and easy answer to:
>
>1.  Any simple way to make an on/off switch for the monitor?  I get tired
>of using the little wheelie-dealie to postpone terminal phosphor-burn.
>(I'm *not* going to experiment on *my* machine, dammit. :-)

Select Preferences then Office in your Office Menu, and set the
"Turn Screen Off" to number of seconds. (screen saver)

>3.  Anybody know of "The Right Uses" for the mouse buttons?  I figured that
>B1 meant 'what ever is under the pointer', and B2 *should* be 'list
>of commands related to active window', but what about B3, B1+B2 and B2+B3?

Again, page 2-20 of Owners Manual
	o  The left button, B1, acts like the Enter key. It is used for
	   selecting objects and commands ....
	o  The middle button, B2, acts like the Cmd key.  It is used for
	   displaying the Commands menu or options windows.
	o  The right button, B3, acts like the Mark key.  It is used for
	   selecting and marking multiple objects that will be affected by
	   the next command.